Sunday, April 9, 2017

10 Favorite Blogs


So far, the 10 most popular posts from this SATB2 blog:

10. Potty Training Activities! For this blog, I listed a bunch of the activities I could do while Chelsea was sitting on the potty, because the potty training method we used was INTENSE! We pretty much lived in the bathroom for 3 days, plus 2 weeks at home.

9. SATB2 School Prep! At the beginning of every school year, I put together folders for each of Chelsea's team members, with pages that give an overview of each of her disabilities, and a cute page that is "All About Chelsea". I have found them very helpful with the school! I also had a second school prep page to finish the folders

8. Preschool Themes!  The link is for the medieval theme I did last summer with my kids. With both of them in school part time or full time, I don't so these much during the school year. But this coming summer, we will be doing homeschool every day!!!

7. SATB2 FAQ! This blog answers some of the most common questions people have about SATB2, like "What medical problems usually accompany this syndrome?"

6. Busy Bags: Some of the best creations!!! I use these at least once a week at church, and on car trips, during visits... All the time! I make mine specifically with Chelsea in mind, so she can learn to button things, develop fine motor, etc. I also did a Second Busy Bag Blog with more ideas, and I am NOT crafty at all- I stole these ideas from Pinterest, and if I can make it, ANYBODY can!

5. SATB2 Study in English: The geneticist studying SATB2 put together an awesome study that outlines a way to remember what SATB2 entails with a clever acronym, what tests should be done/ therapies to be tried, and a bit about different parts of the study. I deciphered what I could, but don't have a doctorate in genetics or anything cool like that!

4. Abuse Prevention: One thing that scares me more than anything else is knowing that Chelsea is a prime target for abuse- she may not be aware of what is going on, she can't tell me about it, and hits many risk factors. So I took it upon myself to get abuse prevention to know what to watch for and what to teach Chelsea.

3. Best Therapy Toys: I still have a wish list on Amazon about a mile long, but some of these are- sensory tunnel, sensory bins, gross motor toys, building materials...

2. SATB2 Meeting with the Geneticist: These are some of the questions I asked when Chelsea was first diagnosed with SATB2 Associated Syndrome, and some of the info I got from her geneticist (NOT the same one that did the studies!)Update on this, there are some nutritional needs for SATB2 kids, which I blogged about HERE.

1. Common Features of SATB2 Associated Syndrome: The more I read about other SATB2 kids, it astounds me how similar they can be! Many of these kids are super skinny with HUGE appetites, or clap their hands hard to get sensory feedback, and a number of other things! This blog outlines some of the biggest ones, like dental abnormalities and intellectual impairment.

No comments:

Post a Comment