Thursday, March 16, 2017

Special Spartan

Last Saturday, my kids got the opportunity to run in a Spartan race!!! For their birthdays, my sister registered them for the kid Spartan races!


In these, kids run and conquer obstacles along the way! Pretty much the cutest thing you have ever seen kids do!


This race was MUDDY!!! I did one last year that paled in comparison! Just walking into the parking lot, I got stuck for several minutes and lost a shoe in the mud!

I LOVED all the mud! And the kids did too! I don't often let them get as messy as they want, but I told them today that if they wanted to roll in the mud, then they could! While they didn't go that far, they certainly did take advantage of the situation!


Chelsea was a good sport, though she decided she was cold halfway through, after falling into muddy water up to her neck, and cried for a while.

The Spartan staff was incredible with Chelsea- lots of hi-fives, gave all the runners cool medals at the end, and cheered them on every step of the way for the 1/2 mile race!

The siblings were encouraged to run with their special needs sister/ brother, which I thought was amazing! And the kids were thrilled for their banana and granola bar snack at the end of the races.

There were really fun obstacles and things for the kids to do- javelin throwing, crawling under a mossy net (I liked that for the kids rather than the barbed wire mud crawl they do for the adults, hahaha!)
Chelsea needed help coming down the net, but got up by herself!


Hooray for gymnastics, getting my man ready for competition!

Overall, it was a great race! Our family had a blast and can't wait to do one again, hopefully with Mommy and Daddy running the adult races to work off some extra pounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment