Friday, January 20, 2017

More Busy Bags

Since my last blog about busy bags, I've been using them every few days- at church, in the car, or I will stick a couple in my purse for waiting in line. I don't want the kids to get bored, so I made a few MORE busy bags!!!


1. I am so beyond proud of how cute this dinosaur busy box turned out! I put a few dinosaurs in there, the blue is a river, and I LOVE the cute volcano! That is the best part, and the kids usually play "the dinosaurs fall into the volcano and die" Sadistic kids... Plus the felt makes the box really quiet!
2. A lego box! This one is super fun for the car because the box does a great job of keeping all the legos contained, and there aren't too many legos.


3. A fishing game! This one is really fun for a quiet place like church, and the kids LOVE playing with magnets!


4. A portable drawing station! Glue a clothespin or similar to hold the paper, then glue in a box of crayons. I liked the triangular ones because they don't roll away AND work on proper grip!

5. A button snake! This is one I had before, but re-did it with a cute ribbon and ice cream buttons on both ends with some  solid colored felt. So I just made it "prettier", and I love it!

6. Felt Christmas Tree Decorating. I made this one around Christmas, and the kids loved it. I saw a big one on Pinterest, but I'm not that fancy, so I made a little one.

7. Ninjas! I loved this- my mom sent my little guy a ninja book "Hello Ninja" and little ninjas with a "dragon" (Randall from Monsters Inc, but they haven't seen that yet!). So I put the book and ninjas into a bag, and they have ninja battles and ride on the dragon, like in the book.

8. Felt Pizza! I like this one a lot because we like doing Build Your Own Pizza dinners at our house, and this one doesn't run the risk of tomato sauce being splattered on the floor!


9. More Dress-Up Princesses! This was another that I already had in my last blog, but Miss Chelsea got several more for Christmas because she loved the ones she had soooo much and they are AMAZING for keeping her occupied!


10. Rubber Band Geo Board. I have had these for a while, but the kids only just started getting interested in them. They are amazing for fine motor control and teaching shapes!


11. Button Chains. This one is similar to the pom pom button chain in my last blog, but is harder because I use large buttons instead of huge pom poms. I am determined that Miss Chelsea is going to learn to button things for herself someday, and what better way to teach than with fun portable games?!






1 comment: