Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Bad Day


I have really struggled before, with seeing all the posts people put up, seeming to have perfect lives and eternally happy kids, and while I also try to only write about the good things, it is nice to know when other people have bad days. I already wrote about a good day, so here is the more frequently occurring bad day!

8:00- Wake up late because I was up super late trying to “catch up on laundry” which really meant that I lost track of time while I read dumb articles online while the same load of laundry ran 5 times in the dryer. The only reason I woke up was because a child with a very wet diaper came in and sat on my face

 

8:10- After wiping the present off my face, I hurriedly try to clothe and feed the kids while not even wearing contacts so I end up squinting hard at everything and yelling at the kids to hurry up while they seem to dilly dally over everything

8:30- The entire house seems to have vomited up it’s contents since I woke up. I can’t find the kids’ backpacks, shoes, snacks, or pretty much anything that is needed for today, creating more stress
 

8:45- Throw the kids in the car and race off to get the kids to school, hitting every red light possible. I tried to sing to bring a better mood, but then the kids had a fight about which song

9:00- Drop off kid #1 to school, drop off kid #2 at work daycare, and work (I am a preschool gymnastics coach), where I get complained to by 3 different parents about the parking situation at the gym
 

11:00- Need to pick up Kid #1 soon, but remembered that there is no food in the house, so you need to shop, but you haven’t planned meals or anything. Rush to the grocery store with Kid #2, and a bag breaks on the way out. Scream of frustration here, and receive many dirty looks

12:00- Pick up Kid #1, and hurry her to therapy. Kids fuss because they are hungry. Kid #2 is cranky during the wait, and so am I, having forgotten to eat this morning, resulting in a very short temper
 

1:00- We finally get home, and have PBJs really quick. The kids and I are totally exhausted, so I put them down for quiet time, but they spend the time fighting and trying to get out of their room, and I spend that time frantically trying to put away groceries and clean from that morning

2:00- I finally let the kids out of their room, and realize that my sweet SN kiddo had a stinky diaper and smeared it all over her room- bed, herself, toys, clothes… Cue cleaning and bath time. I set out a reward snack for myself to motivate me to keep a good attitude and to keep cleaning
 

2:30- I put on a movie for the kids while I finish cleaning

3:30- The kids found my snack, which is not allowed in their GFCF diet, and eat it. Both vomit. More cleaning, and now the kids are mad because they aren’t getting attention. Break into my secret chocolate stash
 

4:00- After more baths and cleaning, I decide to try and make the day better by taking the kids to the park. We aren’t even there 5 minutes before one falls on the sidewalk, and the other burns her legs by sliding down the hot slide I told her not to go on. *sigh*

4:15- I attempt to practice speech words with SN kiddo, but she screams and refuses to cooperate

4:30- Attempt to play a game with the kids, but it results in marbles being scattered everywhere as SN kiddo has a meltdown. I wrap her tightly and put her in her hammock to swing for half an hour to calm down
Chelsea doesn't have autism, but some similar tendencies
 

5:00- I break into my secret chocolate stash again and check facebook while the kids look at books and listen to some music

5:30- I ask hubby to pick up food for dinner, but he has to work late (benefit of working two jobs to pay for little miss’s therapy), so we pull out frozen fries from the freezer and cook those
 

6:15- Movie time again! I hate using TV as a babysitter, but I was done for that day. 2 more accidents for little miss, who missed her seizure med dosage three days before, which means that she can’t control her body now

7:45- Bed time!!! I send the kids a little early because I can’t handle anymore. After putting them to bed, I sit on the couch, eat junk food, and play a computer game to not think
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment