Wednesday, February 8, 2017

What I Love About SATB2

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought about some of the things that I love about Chelsea, and how I can show her that I love her.

1. I LOVE that she is such a sweet, happy girl! SATB2 kids seem to be some of the most cheerful, content babies. I figure if she can be happy even with the frustration that must come from not being able to communicate, I can be happy when I am around her.

2. We have gained a very close group of friends! Even if we don't speak the same language (THANK YOU, google translate!), or live in the same country, we all love our SATB2 kids, and chat daily about their triumphs and struggles. Chelsea has much more support out there now, and I will spread the word so that other kids get that same opportunity!

3. Chelsea NEVER gives up! You would think she would, since everything is SO difficult for her, but instead she just doggedly keeps on persevering! If she won't give up, neither will I, so if I need to take a sign language class, or attend a special needs law workshop, or do therapy at home, Chelsea is worth it!

4. She makes every accomplishment seem like a mountain conquered! I have gained such incredible perspective! I remember during potty training (after about 7 months!), she would pull down her underwear, then poop on the floor, then pick it up (*gag*), put it in the potty, and then come show me her hands. For her, that is a MASSIVE accomplishment- realizing that she shouldn't go in her underwear! You never know how big a step is until you have seen the bottom! I will cheer her on every step of the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment